Get ready to welcome a reusable water bottle into your life. While bottle trends and features may not change as fast as smartphones or watches, it’s important to keep some key considerations in mind. These features will influence your water bottle decision as you shop.
- Are you prone to breaking things? Watch out for fragile glass bottles or single-walled plastic and metal bottles.
- Do you change styles often and replace things? Or do you want a long-lasting one-size fits all bottle? This goes back to the old trendy versus classic style debate. If your aim is sustainability, go for a classic bottle that you can reuse again and again.
Do you want to use your bottle for both hot and cold beverages? Or, do you want your water bottle to keep the contents a certain temperature? You’ll need a stainless steel insulated water bottle for that.
Look and Feel:
Do you want something that smells good and has an attractive design? If you answered yes to this question, avoid plastic bottles because they lack aesthetic panache.
Ease of Use:
- Do you grow attached to your things if they’re comfortable? Do you want something that feels like an extension of your body, that you can carry easily everywhere? Scroll down to the handle, mouth and lid sections, because these details can greatly influence a bottle’s ease of use.
- Do you need something large for long trips or smaller for portability? Go to the water bottle size section of this guidebook, where you’ll find the best uses for different sizes.
- Do you want to put it in the dishwasher? Plastic bottles may pose a safety risk if they are washed in the heat of a dishwasher, while vacuum insulated bottles require hand cleaning.
Now that you’ve brainstormed the ideal qualities of your future bottle, you should know if you want an aesthetically pleasing bottle or a functional bottle or both. Keep your preferences in mind as you explore the different water bottle options.